Monday, January 28, 2013

Prayer as Presence

I continue on in the journey of dedicating myself to a rhythm of prayer several times a day.  The going is slow, but I write today with the joy of having had time for both morning and afternoon prayer.  This after noon it has been just a few minutes to sing the Psalms, reflect, and try to hear God.  As I did so, I remembered an important call I need to make to check in with a young woman I have been praying with and for. Without this time, she would not have been on my mind.  I am grateful that God is able and willing to do so much with even the small snippets of time I give Him.  I pray these times of prayer will grow. Such prayer helps me to be fully present to life, to those around me.

1 comment:

  1. I value the power of prayer and the movement of the Spirit in what you share. The fact that prayer led you to community, to connect with another person reveals the work of the Spirit for me, who constantly moves to connect us to God and to one another in the Body of Christ.

    ReplyDelete